How The Brabazon Trust protect and manage your personal data:
1. Protecting and Managing your Data:
All individuals have rights with regard to the way their Personal Data is handled. This summary explains the most important aspects of how we use your personal information and what rights you have in relation to that information.
From May 25th 2018, the general Data Protection regulation (the “GDPR”) together with the Irish Data Protection Act 2018 introduced important changes to give you greater control over your personal information. These new data protection laws also require organisations that hold your personal information, such as The Brabazon Trust, to clearly explain why they collect your information and how that data will be managed and protected.
2. Purpose for Collecting Data:
The Brabazon Trust collects data to manage and administer the business of the Trust.
Your data is collected primarily on the basis of your application for Sheltered Accommodation.
3. What is the lawful basis for collecting your data?
The main lawful basis for collecting your information are that:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one specific purpose
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a Contract to which you are party
4. What Personal Data do we collect?
We collect and process various categories of personal information about you, including data to identify you including names and addresses, contact telephone numbers, post codes and email address.
Resident’s information such as date of birth, marital status, status of health is also stored in individual care plans on our electronic system.
We collect bank details for direct debit collection of payment of accounts.
We collect data relating to your financial circumstances, income and any other information that you have consented to us using.
5. How do we obtain your information?
We collect your information directly from you.
6. Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with anyone outside The Brabazon Trust nor will we provide your data to any other organisation for any other purposes.
7. The Security of your Data:
The Brabazon Trust takes the security of your data very seriously. Strict protocols are in place to ensure that:
- All personal information in paper form is securely stored in locked filing cabinets
- All personal information stored on the Brabazon Trust computer systems is password and firewall protected.
- The Brabazon trust archive is secure and access is restricted.
8. How long will we hold your information for?
- Information relating to Residents will only be deleted following termination of Contract for Care. All details including Bank details will be destroyed at the end of the financial year after termination of contract.
- Information relating to Waiting List Applicants will be deleted upon written application from the applicant of change of mind. Information relating to Applicants will be retained on our system until The Brabazon Trust becomes aware that they no longer require accommodation.
9. Your Rights:
From 25th May, 2018, you have enhanced legal rights to control your data and the manner in which we process it.
- A right to access your personal information
- A right to request us to correct inaccurate information
- A right to request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- A right to receive the personal information you have provided to us in portable format
- A right to object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances (e.g. if you believe we are not using your information in a lawful manner, or for the purposes for which it was provided)
- Where we have requested your permission to process your information, a right to withdraw your consent at any time
- A right to have your information deleted, in certain circumstances
- A right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commission.
10. How to Contact Us:
If you have any questions how we use your information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by email to email@example.com or you can call us on (01) 269 1677
11. Changes to this Data Privacy Notice:
We may update this Data Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will place a copy of the updated Privacy Notice on The Brabazon Trust Website www.brabazontrust.ie
12. Personal Information: (See GDPR Policy 2018)
- It is the responsibility of all staff of The Brabazon Trust to ensure that they respect and safeguard the personal information, privacy rights and confidentiality of all residents.
- Where the resident cannot consent, nurses should use their professional judgment as to the sharing of information for care planning purposes.
- Personal information regarding any resident should only be shared as part of the assessment, care planning and daily monitoring of residents and only with those personnel involved in the residents’ care.